The groups I offer are open to all adults and I solicit the widest diversity. I currently offer three groups: one for licensed psychotherapists, one for pre-licensed therapists, and one for the general public. The groups for psychotherapists are process oriented psychotherapy groups. The groups offered to the public are hybrid groups that integrate mindfulness and somatic interventions within the context of interpersonal process. All of these groups support personal exploration and a deeper understanding of communication styles and how they affect others.
My orientation is present-time and mindfulness oriented, somatic and psychodynamically informed, and emphasizes relational and intersubjective processes.
Current Group Schedule
- 10:00 am – Noon, Wednesday, Open Mindfulness and Anxiety Group (Currently in formation)
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm, Wednesday, Licensed Psychotherapist Process Group
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm, Thursday, Pre-licensed Psychotherapist Process Group (Currently in formation)
The mindfulness and anxiety group integrates emotional sharing, communication skills and mindfulness exercises through present time dynamics among the group participants.
The process groups emphasize here-and-now connections and reactions to each other’s communication styles.
If you are interested in any of these group experiences email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interview process will include a short telephone call and an individual session.
- To support each participant to express their widest range of feelings and thoughts, and to explore their emotional experience with people inside and outside the group;
- To actively engage problems, concerns and challenges that motivate group participation;
- To put feelings into words, not actions, and express them skillfully to group members;
- To receive and give feedback appropriately;
- To enhance each participant’s capacity to express empathy while honoring our own needs and experience.
- Regular and timely attendance is expected. Members agree to be present each week, to arrive on time, and remain throughout the entire meeting. If you cannot attend a particular meeting, please leave a message for me by phone at 310-261-5618.
- Confidentiality. Members will treat matters that occur in the group with utmost confidentiality. What is discussed in the group should remain in the group. This insures a safe environment for all group members to express their thoughts and feelings.
- Relationships. Members agree to use relationships made in the group therapeutically and not socially. There should be no contact among group members outside the group and if such contact should occur it should be brought back and shared in the group.
- Ongoing group. Participating in a group can be anxiety provoking. Please share any concerns you have about the group to make your needs known.
- Group Departures. If you plan to leave the group, please give at least one month for you and the other group members to process any feelings about leaving. Group members are emotionally and psychologically invested in each other and sudden departures can be very difficult.
- Group Distractions. Eating or audible devices are not permitted during the group.
- Alcohol and Drugs. Please refrain from consumption of any alcohol or recreational drugs during the day the group meets.
- Group Fees.Fees are charged after each session, however, they will be automatically charged regardless of attendance.